September 1, 2021
By Donatas Žadeikis
What To BBQ This Weekend?
Grilling can be endless fun. Stick pretty much anything over a grill, and it cooks. Yet so often it is difficult to see beyond the humble burger for inspiration. So it’s time to get creative and grill something inventive and full of flavour. From meatballs to avocados, French toast to grapes, grilling will never be the same.
Top things to try this weekend. Consider this your grilling bucket list.
- Watermelon. In most cases fruit can be treated like vegetables in terms of grilling, typically just with a shorter cooking time.
- Pineapple. Portobello mushrooms. these mushrooms are a fantastic side and will make your vegetarian guests very happy.
- Pineapple. It can make a delicious dessert or great addition to pork chops.
- Vegetarian burger.
- Corn. Classic! But also try making salsa with grilled corn.
- Jalapeno peppers.
- Lamb skewers.
- Shrimp tacos.
- Avocado. Turn it into grilled avocado guacamole and enjoy amazing smokiness.
- Green beans.
- Brussel sprout skewers.
- Peaches. This is not only a dessert, but it could be a nice addition to salad.
- Whole romaine wedge. Nice side or add the rest of the ingredients to make Caesar style meal.
- Lobster tails.
- Sweet potato.
- Rice balls – yaki onigiri.
- French toast on the grill.
- Stuffed mushrooms.